Over the summer, we held a family fun day where we raffled off prizes donated by companies within the local community. We have also held non-uniform days where staff have donated food items or money towards our charity.
Between the staff and families, we raised an incredible £180, which we used to donate over three trolleys of food items. North Bristol Foodbank were overwhelmed with the donation and, along with us, would like to thank not only all of the companies who donated raffle prizes, but also all of the children, parents, families and staff who helped us raise such a fantastic amount for this cause.
Photos: L-r: Jenni from Ambourne House and Matt from North Bristol Foodbank with food and toiletry items donated by the nursery; Tracey with more donations.
- North Bristol Foodbank collections points (our nearest is at Sainsbury’s, Fox Den Road, Stoke Gifford BS34 8SS, located by the customer services desk)
This article originally appeared in the October 2018 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on page 36). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - 18th January 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - 10th January 2020
- Local community makes a splash for cash - 26th September 2019