There’s still time to enter the 2011 Bradley Stoke Aquathlon that takes place at the Leisure Centre on Sunday 13th March.
Organising outfit Thornbury Running Club (TRC) says it is still accepting entries for the popular swim and run event, which is now in its third year following the inaugural race in 2009.
The competition caters for beginners and experienced athletes alike by providing two courses. The shorter course consists of a 500m (20 length) swim followed by a 5km run, while the long course includes a 1,000m (40 length) swim and a 10km run.
The swim phase of the event takes place in the main pool of the Leisure Centre. On leaving the water, competitors head out on foot into the adjoining Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve before returning to the finish line at the Leisure Centre.
The races may be entered by individuals or teams of two (one swimmer, one runner – any combination of age and gender).
Entries for the event close on Monday 28th February or when all the places are taken (if earlier). Online entries may be made via the Fabian4 website.
Every competitor will receive a free T-shirt and goody bag and prizes will be awarded to the first three men/women in the open category, the first man/woman in the 40+ and 50+ categories and the first junior.
The main and learner pools at the Leisure Centre will be closed to the public from 8am to 12 noon on the day of the event.
- TRC Aquathlon (Thornbury Running Club)
- Bradley Stoke Aquathon (The Journal)
- Photos from previous events: 2009 ; 2010 (PicasaWeb)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018