BBC Bristol reports that work on a new MS Therapy Centre planned for a site between Bradley Stoke Stoke Way and Wheatfield Drive is to begin “by the end of May”.
The project caused controversy when the applicant, Moonstone Appeal, submitted revised plans that proposed access to the site from Wheatfield Drive rather than Bradley Stoke Way, as had been earlier agreed.
The charity claimed that access from Bradley Stoke Way would make the project too expensive due to the need to re-route an underground oil pipeline and fibre optic cables running along that side of the site.
The BBC report quotes the Moonstone Appeal’s Mike Gelder as saying the building work will be “sensitive” to neighbours on Wheatfield Drive and says some building materials will be “dropped over the fence” from Bradley Stoke Way.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020