A man from Bradley Stoke is to take part in a 1,000 mile charity cycle ride to raise funds for a local hospital that treated his broken back five years ago.
David Hart, 48, fractured two vertebrae in a watersports accident in 2006 and received treatment at Frenchay Hospital.
Raising money for Shine Together, Leukaemia & Lymphona Research and the Katharine House Hospice, the Gran Charity Giro will see a team of ten riders cycle from Stafford (UK) to Milan (Italy) in early July.
Also in the team is Craig Denning, who works at the Giant Cycle store at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre.
Read more: Cyclist thanks hospital that treated his broken back (Bristol Evening Post)
Related link: Gran Charity Giro on Facebook
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020