Police are reported to have arrested four people after secret filming by the BBC found a pattern of serious abuse at a residential hospital in Bradley Stoke.
Last night’s BBC Panorama programme exposed a catalogue of shocking incidents at Winterbourne View [map], a residential care home for adults with learning disabilities, which is located in the Vantage Business Park (off Old Gloucester Road).
The hospital’s private sector operator, Castlebeck, has apologised unreservedly and suspended 13 employees.
Patients and staff from the home help to maintain the orienteering course in Bradley Stoke’s Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve as part of a community-based therapy project (The Journal reported in September 2008).
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - 7th June 2016
- New opening hours at Bradley Stoke Pharmacy from Wednesday 6th May - 4th May 2015
- Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre to host World Mental Health Day event - 8th October 2014