Sliproads that connect the M4 to the M5 within the Almondsbury Interchange are to be closed overnight on seven nights in March.
Tonight (Friday 2nd) will see the connections from the M4 eastbound to the M5 northbound/southbound closed from 10pm until 6am tomorrow.
On three further nights in March – 3rd/4th, 1oth/11th and 17th/18th (all Saturday night through Sunday morning) – sliproads from the M4 in both directions to the M5 in both directions will be closed.
Diversions will be in place for M4 traffic wishing to join the M5.
The closures are part of an £88.6m project to create a ‘managed motorway’ scheme around the M4/M5 interchange, in which speed limits are dynamically controlled and traffic is permitted to use the hard shoulder at peak times.
Work on the M4 is expected to be completed by December 2012 with the M5 portion of the scheme scheduled for completion in spring 2013.
More info: Impact on your journey (Highways Agency)
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020