Greggs at the Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke have been confirmed a top company fundraiser for the 2011 Children in Need appeal – raising a fantastic £6,145.
1,500 of the UK’s leading bakery retailer’s outlets took part in the fundraising effort. Greggs in Bradley Stoke came 5th nationally, but were number one in the South West, outperforming over 200 other shops.
Manager Sarah Walken said:
“I’m really proud of the effort my team put into fundraising for this terrific cause. We held tombola, a raffle, we walked around Bristol shaking our buckets, we dressed up in silly costumes and we even took Pudsey on a pub crawl!”
“It was great fun but we never lost sight of why we were doing it and we’re very pleased to have made such a significant contribution to the amazing £1,001,052 raised nationally by Greggs.”
“I’d also like to thank other Greggs managers in the region who were entirely supportive and helped us keep going. We’re already planning our activities for 2012 so watch this space!”
Photo: Greggs staff and supporters raising money for Children in Need in the Town Square on Saturday 12th November 2011.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - 18th January 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - 10th January 2020