By Arthur Allan, Bradley Stoke Bowls Club.
Working on the assumption that the government’s roadmap out of the coronavirus lockdown will be achieved, Bowls England is consulting with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport on the guidelines for resuming bowls.
If everything goes to plan, we already know that, from 21st June, all restrictions will end in the UK, so hopefully bowls would be able to resume as normal after that date.
The question is what restrictions will be in place for outdoor bowling from 29th March up to 21st June?
The club has already arranged a full season of fixtures in the hope that bowling could resume as normal or in a Covid-safe way from around mid-April.
Related link: Covid-19 Pandemic in the Stokes
This article originally appeared in the March/April 2021 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 11). The magazine is delivered FREE, nine times a year, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers raring to go post-lockdown - 27th March 2021
- The virtual road to the London Marathon 2020 - 2nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke pair clinch trophy in delayed championship final - 17th November 2020
- Girls, come and play football with BSYFC! - 10th November 2020
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020