Bradley Stoke residents are being encouraged to take part in an Aquathlon (swim and run) event being staged in the town on Sunday 8th March.
The swim phase of the event takes place in the main pool of the Leisure Centre. On leaving the water, competitors will head out on foot into the adjoining Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve before returning to the finish line at the Leisure Centre.
Two courses are on offer, with the shorter consisting of a 500m (20 length) swim followed by a 5km run, while the longer includes a 1000m (40 length) swim and a 10km run.
The races, which may be entered by individuals or teams of two (one swimmer, one runner), are open to anyone aged 12 or over.
All participants are required to pre-enter (there is no entry on the day as estimated swim times need to be calculated in advance). Entries will close on 20th February or when the entry limit of 100 is reached.
An awards ceremony is planned to take place at 1:15pm in the Leisure Centre, with a representative from the Willow Brook Centre (main sponsor of the event) presenting the prizes.
Willow Brook manager, Scott Lahive, told The Journal:
“We are delighted to be supporting such a worthwhile and prestigious sporting event that’s guaranteed to put Bradley Stoke on the sporting map. It’s yet another first for Bradley Stoke, drawing participants from far and wide. It’s testament to the can do attitude of the organisers and the town”
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018