Phoenix Dental Bradley Stoke is offering free oral cancer screenings for all patients as part of their NHS check up.
The action is in support of November’s Mouth Cancer Action Month organised by the British Dental Health Foundation and Denplan.
The practice will also be manning a display stand at the Willow Brook Centre Bradley Stoke on Sunday 22nd November to raise public awareness of the problem.
The campaign, symbolised by a blue ribbon, calls upon dentists, pharmacists and all healthcare professionals to spread the message: “If in doubt get checked out”.
Phoenix Dental’s Wendy Bull told The Journal:
“Every five hours someone dies of mouth cancer in the UK. Statistics from cancer research UK shows that 5,325 new cases were diagnosed in 2006 – that’s more than cervical and testicular cancers combined and an increase of 41% over the last decade.. Yet very few people have even heard of the disease!”
“As oral healthcare professionals we are keen to highlight that if in any doubt at all about white or red patches in the mouth or mouth ulcers that don’t heal, then please see your dentist without delay. Early detection transforms survival chances to more than 90%.”
Free oral cancer screening and routine checks can be booked by calling Phoenix Dental Bradley Stoke on 01179 114 441.
Related link: Dentists in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- Covid-19 community testing unit to open in Bradley Stoke on Monday - 17th January 2021
- Residents urged to "help keep Bradley Stoke safe" following surge in Covid-19 cases - 21st December 2020
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - 7th June 2016