The Santander agency at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre has announced that it is looking to nominate a local charity for the chance to win a community grant award of up to £5,000.
The money will come from the £1.23 million Community Plus fund that has been set aside by the Santander Foundation for distribution during 2013.
There are no closing dates and entries will be regularly considered by a panel of staff drawn from across the region. Successful charities will be notified within two months of submitting their nomination
The grant needs to fund something specific. Just two examples would be a piece of equipment or to pay for the costs of a part time sessional worker. It must also directly help disadvantaged people in the local area.
Grants will only be awarded to UK registered charities. Certain types of group, such as Community Amateur Sports Clubs, Community Interest Companies and Social Enterprises are ineligible.
To promote the launch of the fund, the Bradley Stoke Santander agency is hosting an all-day coffee morning in its branch office on Tuesday (18th December), where representatives of local charities are invited to discuss their local community work with members of staff.
Anyone attending will also be able to enjoy free mince pies and sweets, courtesy of the branch.
Nomination forms may be picked up from the branch and are also available from a display in the foyer of the Willow Brook Centre.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020