So, the X74 is being scrapped. When it turned up (which it often did not), it was always busy. Now it has been scrapped, lots of local youngsters who attend SGS College in Filton will no longer be able to get to the college easily.
What is the council doing about this? Many won’t find out the bus does not run any more until they try to start their college courses in September. Guess it was good timing to scrap it during the summer when the college is closed.
What were the passenger numbers? We live in an urban area not the middle of the countryside; I just don’t get how this decision can be justified.
I can’t see the point of the Metrobus chaos if there is no demand in the area for public transport!
Photo: An X74 bus waits at the Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020