Marie Curie, the UK’s leading charity for people living with a terminal illness and their families, is appealing for volunteers to join its fundraising group in the Five Stokes area, comprising of Bradley Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Little Stoke, Harry Stoke and Stoke Lodge.
The group raises funds and awareness in the local area to help support Marie Curie Nurses, who work day and night in people’s homes across South Gloucestershire, providing hands-on care and vital emotional support.
Throughout the year, the group will support Marie Curie’s major fundraising campaigns, including the Great Daffodil Appeal and Blooming Great Tea Party. They will also help spread the word about Marie Curie by informing people how the charity’s services, including its free Information and Support line, can help people living with a terminal illness and their loved ones.
Helen Isbell, Marie Curie community fundraiser for Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, said:
“Our Five Stokes Fundraising Group meets regularly to plan events and organise fundraising collections. Volunteering is a lot of fun, a great way to meet new people and it’s very rewarding to support such a good cause.”
Anyone interested in joining the Five Stokes Fundraising Group is asked to contact Helen on 0117 924 7275 or email Helen.Isbell@mariecurie.org.uk
• Find ‘Marie Curie Five Stokes Fundraising Group’ on Facebook
This article originally appeared in the January 2020 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 34). The magazine is delivered FREE, nine times a year, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020