Welcome to The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke.
|3B||Aztec West – Bristol Parkway Station|
|73||Cribbs Causeway – Bradley Stoke – City Centre|
|312||Thornbury – Bradley Stoke – Fishponds|
|963||Patchway – Bradley Stoke – The Ridings (school service)|
|X73||Bradley Stoke – City Centre|
|X74||Bradley Stoke – Filton – UWE – City Centre|
New: Another round of bus service alterations effective from Sunday (28th August 2014)
Bus Timetables and Route Maps and Journey Planners
- Traveline South West – Timetables (for ALL operators)
- First Group (Bristol) – Timetables
- First Group (Bristol) – Maps/Routes
- Wessex Bus – Maps/Timetables
- Traveline South West Journey Planner (web; Apple app; Android app)
Missed the bus? Check out our guide to Taxis in Bradley Stoke.
73 or X73 : What’s the Difference?
The 73 operates seven days a week between Cribbs Causeway (serving The Mall) and Bristol city centre. In Bradley Stoke it makes a loop around Woodlands Lane, Trench Lane and Bowsland Way before travelling south along Brook Way. After reaching Manor Farm Roundabout, it visits the Willow Brook Centre before continuing south down Bradley Stoke Way and making a loop around Webbs Wood Road and Baileys Court Road. After passing through Stoke Gifford, it proceeds along Filton Avenue and Gloucester Road into the city centre.
The X73 is a peak hour “express” service Monday-Friday that follows a similar route to the 73, however, it travels the full length of Brook Way and does not visit the Willow Brook Centre or Webbs Wood Road/Baileys Court Road. After passing through Stoke Gifford it takes the M32 motorway into the city centre(instead of using Filton Avenue and Gloucester Road
Real Time Bus Information for Bradley Stoke
Mobile friendly website
NextBuses provides live bus departure times from your bus stop by tracking buses specially fitted with GPS equipment. You can also check when your bus is due to depart before you leave work or home.
Now operational for the 73, X73 and X74 services.
- Travel West Bus Checker (Apple devices, Android devices; Windows devices)
- First Bus (Apple devices; Android devices)
Inter-city coach services between Cardiff and London have become more accessible for Bradley Stoke residents with the introduction of a stop at the Frenchay campus of the University of the West of England (UWE).
Megabus.com, owned by the Stagecoach Group, offers nine journeys per day to London and eight to Cardiff from the new stop, which is located at the bus terminal within the campus.
New (from Monday 11th March 2013): Greyhound UK service between South Wales and Bristol Airport, calling at UWE.
N61 Night Owl Service
This service operates on Saturday and Sunday mornings only, providing three post-midnight journeys from the city centre to north Bristol. It operates with financial support from Bradley Stoke Town Council, Patchway Town Council and the University of the West of England.
N.B. Service SUSPENDED from April 2009, due to withdrawal of funding.
- Traveline – the UK’s No 1 website for impartial information on planning your journey, by bus, coach or train … or any combination of the three!
- 2Carshare.com- car sharing scheme organised by our local councils
- Save the environment by reducing the number of cars on the road
- Save time by using the 2+ lanes
- Save up to £1000 a year by sharing costs
- youthunltd – bus pass giving discounted travel for young people aged 14-18. Valid for use on journeys starting and ending in South Gloucestershire.
- Diamond Travelcard scheme – If you’re 60 or over, or eligible disabled and live in England, you can apply for a bus pass providing free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England.
- Four Towns & Vale Link Community Transport – Providing safe, cost effective, accessible transport to residents and groups to complement the existing transport system.
- Getting About Greater Bristol (Accessible Transport) – Travel information for disabled people.
Latest Transport stories in The Journal
- Reader survey paints a bleak picture of bus travel in Bradley Stoke
- New bus service to restore daytime link between Brook Way and Parkway Station
- Bus late again? Help compile our travel survey and we’ll ask First for answers
- MetroBus planning application gets green light from councillors
- Another round of bus service alterations effective from Sunday