Residents seeking treatment currently have to travel to Patchway, Stoke Gifford, Winterbourne, or Filton to find an NHS dentist, but from April 2009 a two surgery practice will be available in Bradley Stoke’s new town centre.
South Gloucestershire Primary Care Trust (PCT) recently placed a tender advertisement for the new practice in the British Dental Journal and a PCT spokesperson has given the following update to The Journal:
All the bids are in and South Gloucestershire PCT is in the process of looking at them. A paper will go to the the PCT’s Trust Board at the end of September with recommendations of the preferred supplier.
Meanwhile a new dental helpline has been launched to help people in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, North Somerset and Bath & North East Somerset find their nearest available NHS dentist. The NHS Dental Helpline can be reached on 0845 120 6680 and is available Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.
The new telephone enquiry service complements the online dentist and GP search facility available via the NHS Choices website
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - 7th June 2016
- New opening hours at Bradley Stoke Pharmacy from Wednesday 6th May - 4th May 2015
- Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre to host World Mental Health Day event - 8th October 2014