Bradley Stoke Surgery has announced that it has introduced an online appointment booking system “following feedback from its Friends group”.
The news follows criticism at the 2009 Annual Town Meeting, where one resident likened the surgery’s appointment system to something that might be found in a Third World country.
Patients leaving feedback on an official NHS website have complained of continuously engaged telephone lines when trying to book same-day appointments. An anonymous comment left earlier this month on the feedback page for Bradley Stoke Surgery complained:
“The appointment system is hopeless as you struggle to get through on the phone only to be told there are no slots left. If you are prepared to queue up at 8am outside the Surgery without shelter you may get an appointment before lunch.”
Two other recent commenters described the appointment system as “appalling”.
News of the new online system came in the Spring issue of the Friends of Bradley Stoke Surgery newsletter circulated at the 2010 Annual Town Meeting.
According to the newsletter:
“Patients can now register to have the facility to book their appointments online at their convenience. Patients need to register in order to use the Book On Line system and this can be done in person at reception.”
When The Journal checked the online system at 7am this morning (Monday 24th), two morning and one afternoon appointments were available, all with the same doctor.
The surgery, which is currently undergoing a redevelopment that will see its floorspace nearly triple in size, says it is also planning to upgrade its telephone system:
“… we have been advised that another contract has been signed with a leading electronics company to provide the latest telephone technology. Work has already started to ensure that the new telephone system will be installed and the first stage will be operational in June.”
- Friends of Bradley Stoke Surgery Newsletter – Spring 2010
- Photos of the surgery redevelopment (PicasaWeb)
- Doctors in and around Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - May 20th, 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - December 11th, 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - June 7th, 2016
- New opening hours at Bradley Stoke Pharmacy from Wednesday 6th May - May 4th, 2015
- Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre to host World Mental Health Day event - October 8th, 2014