Strike action by two teaching unions, the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL), has led to the partial closure of a number of schools in Bradley Stoke today.
Bradley Stoke Community School is open for year 7 students but closed to all students in years 8, 9 and 12. For students in year 10, only those who are going on the trip to London should attend, according to a notice on the school website.
At Baileys Court Primary School, ten classes are closed due to the industrial action, leaving just four classes open as normal.
Nine classes are closed at Meadowbrook Primary School, with five operating normally.
- School Opening Status (South Gloucestershire Council)
- Bradey Stoke Schools (The Journal)
- Q&A: Public sector strikes (BBC)
Last 5 posts in Education
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - April 14th, 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - March 13th, 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - February 15th, 2020
- Ofsted confirms Holy Trinity’s ‘good’ rating - January 12th, 2020
- BSCS recognised for student-led health and wellbeing work - December 3rd, 2019