Get Something Done About It!

Welcome to the Get Something Done About It! guide, a service of The Bradley Stoke Journal.



Report, view, or discuss local problems (like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting) at FixMyStreet.

Traffic signals

South Gloucestershire Council asks that you report traffic light faults via its contractor’s freephone 24-hour fault-reporting service on 0800 854229. Read more…


Report incidents of pollution to the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60. Read more…

Complaints about Councils

If you have a problem with a Council service, you should first complain to the Council. If you are not satisfied with the Council’s response, you should contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman can look at complaints about most Council services, including:

  • Housing
  • Planning
  • Education
  • Transport and highways
  • Environmental health
  • Neighbourhood nuisance and anti-social behaviour
  • Social care
  • Housing benefit
  • Council Tax
Share this page: