The Friends of Jubilee Green are holding a public meeting on Monday (15th February) to plan their activities for 2010.
The independent group, set up to improve and promote the play park and community space adjacent to the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road, says it will be discussing fund raising and planning family activities for the year.
The group intends to apply for a grant to fund the projects but will have to find 10% of the costs itself, which it hopes can be raised through community fund raising events.
Family events to be organised during the year are likely to include a repeat of the successful ‘fun in the sun’ play sessions.
Michelle Dent, Chair of the Friends Group, says:
We are hoping that anyone who is interested in either joining our group or helping out on an ad hoc basis will come along and share their ideas and offer help. Without additional support the number of activities we can organise will be limited.
The meeting takes place on Monday 15th February at the Jubilee Centre, Savages Wood Road, starting at 7:30pm.
Related link: Play Areas in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018