A public meeting is to take take place in Bradley Stoke this Thursday (12th January) to provide residents with further information about upcoming MetroBus construction activities in the town.
A media note issued ahead of the meeting states:
“The MetroBus works on [the northern and central sections of] Bradley Stoke Way are nearing completion. Between now and the end of February, the traffic signals will be installed at the Woodlands Lane and Orchard Gate junctions and the final road surfacing and road markings will be completed. This work will require a number of temporary changes to traffic lanes, some night-time and weekend working and temporary lane/road closures.”
“To keep the residents fully up to date and aware of the implications, there will be a public meeting, this Thursday (12th January). The meeting will consist of a presentation by the contractor, Alun Griffiths, regarding the remaining road works and this will be followed by a question and answer session.”
“The meeting will take place between 7pm and 8.30pm at Baileys Court Activity Centre, Baileys Court Road, Bradley Stoke BS32 8BH”
“The meeting will be attended by senior officers from South Gloucestershire Council’s MetroBus team and representatives from Alun Griffiths.”
As revealed in the January issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine, a further phase of MetroBus construction work is due to begin at the southern end of Bradley Stoke Way from the beginning of March, with completion currently scheduled for 11th July 2017.
MetroBus services are due to start “in the autumn”, with the launch being “phased in as and when the infrastructure is complete”.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Five-way traffic lights to be used for final phase of Bradley Stoke Way resurfacing - February 13th, 2017
- Woodlands Lane junction set to be fully reopened by end of February - February 9th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way (eastbound) for five nights this week - February 6th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way set to continue this week - January 30th, 2017
- Overnight closures of Bradley Stoke Way planned for every night this week (Mon-Fri) - January 23rd, 2017
Share this article: