The weekend of fundraising kicked off today (Friday 10th) as staff wearing neon clothes served up an array of colourful cupcakes to support Guide Dogs Week.
The team will continue their efforts tomorrow (Saturday 11th) by donning pink and selling treats in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Ed Stanleigh, store director at Specsavers in Bradley Stoke, said:
“We’re so proud to be supporting Guide Dogs and Breast Cancer Care this month. The whole team will be getting into the fundraising spirit over the weekend and we welcome customers to stop by the store, enjoy a sweet treat and show their support for the charities.”
This year’s Guide Dogs Week runs from 4th until 12th October. The funds raised will help Guide Dogs in its mission to provide mobility and freedom to blind and partially sighted people. Specsavers has been supporting the charity for more than 25 years.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month runs throughout October and Breast Cancer Care is one of the UK’s leading charities, which provides information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
For more information or to make a donation, pop in to Specsavers at the Willow Brook Centre, call 01454 275 020 or visit www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/bradleystoke
Photo: Staff members Beth, Hollie and Marcela serve up cupcakes in support of the Guide Dogs charity.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - 18th January 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - 10th January 2020